Wednesday 10 April 2013

Easy Peasy Poppies!

 
Hello!
 
So I haven't been painting my nails much recently, not pretty patterns anyway and if they have been a pattern it's been one I've shown multiple times before. It's fair to say I was lacking inspiration until I went on youtube today and found this video.
 
I always thought poppy nails would be fairly hard but guys! They were super easy peasy lemon squeezy! 
 
 
I adore these nails, it's really put me in the spring mood now! They just look so gorgeous and effective without being really difficult to do. I'm now really excited to try some other flower nail art designs and maybe even try to create some of my own that I haven't used a tutorial for.
 
 
The colours used are Fearne 'Royal Red', Essie 'Mojito madness', Revlos 'white on white' and a random black polish I found lying around. I also have a new top coat which I am really excited about because I am in fact mental.  I finished off with Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri top coat to make the nails all nice and shiny!
 
I always realise that I use the bottom of my nail as the start of the design rather than the top but it's so the design looks the right way up to me so I hope it doesn't annoy you too much. I'll try to change I promise!
 
My mam really loved the nails and so I painted hers too. Like mother like daughter eh?
 
 
I was pretty impressed with these nails, I even managed to so my right hand well and that never happens. It was also only the second time I've ever done a design on somebody's nails and so I was chuffed that my mam loved them and I done them with no mistakes! Please excuse the pen mark on my hand, apparently the chicken little/ portrait of my dad will not come off my hand.
 
Amy x

 

1 comment:

  1. Love the poppies :) I'm currently running a Spring giveaway if you want check it out :)

    ReplyDelete