Thursday 18 April 2013

Aprils Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box!

 
Hey hi hellloooo!
 
As promised I have my Glitter guilty pleasures box for April todays post, better late than never right? If you don't know what I'm talking about head over to the site here and you can find out everything about it, but basically it's a beauty box for nail varnish lovers! Each month you receive two mystery nail varnishes and a little chocolate and this months box was EPIC.
 
 
So this months box was a little bigger than the others and with it I received a mini Seche Vite top coat which I was a tad excited about... and by a tad I mean very and also a peanut butter chocolate which I'm scared to try because I only like peanuts sometimes... Onto the
 
 
This beauty of a nail varnish is called 'April showers' and is so relevant right now because the weather in Newcastle sucks, wishing I lived in the south where it's a bit warmer... or you know...maybe the Bahamas. It's a gorgeous light grey shade with lots and lots of  holographic glitters of different sizes and also little pink flowers! I found it was opaque in two coats, which I was amazed by because sometimes lighter polishes can be too sheer.
 
I love this, I don't know how much I'll wear it in the spring months but it's a polish I've never seen before and just looks so pretty and interesting on the nails. The little flowers are a little hard to fish out of the bottle but it's worth it!
 
 
 
Getting a picture of the next colour 'black ops' proved impossible! It's a gorgeous black with tiny holographic flakes which flashes purple/green depending on the light. This is by far my favourite nail varnish I've bought this year. I think it looks amazing alone or in a nail art design and the glitter isn't huge so it's really easy to work with and applies like a dream. It's opaque in one coat but the colour shows up more of a dark grey than a black, I found anyway.
 
I show here gradient nails with both colours, I didn't include the little pink flowers from 'April showers' because I didn't think they'd look right. I am so in love right now with these and can't wait for my next box. My parents keep asking me what I want for my birthday, I'll let them buy me a 6 month subscription...
 
 
 
 
 
What do you guys think of these boxes, are you tempted? I know I am!
 
Sidenote: The shipping is really awesome! When I first bought the box I thought it wouldn't arrive until about the 20th with it coming from America, but it arrived on the 10th, even with the three bank holidays! Thanks Jessica for your wonderful, wonderful creations!
 
Much Love, Amy x

2 comments:

  1. *.* i'm jelaous!!
    love the box
    kisses
    enter my internacional giveaway:
    http://maggienails90.blogspot.pt/2013/04/200followers-giveaway-internacional.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the Best Blog award! go to http://polishjunkie8.blogspot.com/2013/04/best-blog-award.html for details.

    ReplyDelete